Sunday, June 28, 2009

01:28 Together Alone

Sometimes the beauty of this life is too much to suffer alone. As I stood at the intersection of 17th and Market, with the techno blasting, and all the people flooding the streets I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by what a magical moment it was. That I was there, and that I was able to stand outside of it all and look at it, well it just made it all the more beautiful. But the fact that I had to experience it alone? That made it all the more painful. To witness a beautiful thing is a gift, but as human creatures we long to share our experiences. Not only because we enjoy knowing that others are filled with the same awe as we, but also so that we have someone to confirm our experience. If I see something magical how do I know it was real if not for my witness? But I have no witness. I experience these things alone. I am like the Watcher, helpless to do anything but stand aside and see the events of history unfold around him.

But I still think of her. That person who is like/unlike me. The one who is as lost and alone as I am. That one who is complete yet incomplete. Some day we will meet, like long lost friends our embrace will be pure with nothing held back. The tales of our adventures will last many a lifetime and we will leave no stone on this great Earth unturned. Mysteries will be solved, wrongs righted, the lost shall be found, and all will be well when we are together. I don't know who she is or what she is even like, though I feel like I caught a glimpse of her in another today. Someday, someday I will see the whole picture and in that moment I will wonder how I ever missed it before. But then again, so will she.

I am complete yet alone. That aloneness makes me incomplete. This is something I still need to reconcile. I will, it'll just take some time. Give it time Will, give it time.

ATNN

PS: Pictures of Pride 2009 will be up soon, but first sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI William, its Beth, did you write this entry, I relate much to the sentimental picture overflowing in this piece and its clarity has a great flow to it.

Loneliness is blinding, I hope you find the love to run with the wild horses surrounding you. You've always had such a peaceful aura, and must be destined for philosophical endeavors because you have always seemed to me to love to question the norms surrounding you.

Your positive energy, if any will be greatly appreciated, things are not outside Alice's realm of nonsensical, wistful demands. Oh the pleasures of youth and the polished thoughts of just beingness!!!