Hello dear fellow readers. So sorry for my recent absence. I got busy with life here in sunny San Francisco. So much to talk about. What's new? Well:
1) Work has had it's ups and down. I finally decided that I wanted more responsibility so I'm applying for two different positions. The first is a supervisor position on the front end. The other is to become the backup receiver. That basically means that whenever the main receiver (aka Rob) isn't around I'll have to be there at 5:30 in the manana to make sure all of our vendors can drop off their shipments. I get to drive a forklift and yell at people for leaving pallets on the ground. So the interviews for both of those should take place sometime this week.
2) I started a 365 project on flickr as can be seen here: My Flickr Account. It's been hard. I was doing really well at first but have missed a couple of days recently. It's my goal to go the next 10 days without missing a day.
3) I met someone at work... but more on that in another blog :)
4) I made some New Year's resolutions. 2009 is going to be an amazing year I can just feel it. Can't you? I don't know what it is exactly but I feel like there's a lot of optimism in the air. But anyways, normally I don't make resolutions but I did and I'm excited about them. I'm going to run the Bay to Breakers race here in The City, I'm going to run a 1/2 marathon, and if those go well a full one later in the year. I'm going to take my photography more seriously and try to get my pictures shown somewhere. I'm going to play my guitar at an open mic. And this is going to be the year that I live in a foreign country.
Which brings me to...
THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD! Check this out: Island Reef Job. How fucking cool is that? Live on the great barrier reef for 6 months? Yes thank you! So now comes the real test of 2009. Can I overcome my self-doubt and really rise to the occasion? Can I submit an application/video that really showcases just how awesome I am and how perfect I am for such a job? Not only that, but can I really overcome myself and become the kind of person who deserves this position? I think I can... I think I can.
I hope 2009 has been off to an excellent start for everyone out there. Let's keep it going!!
ATNN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment