I've been dreaming a lot lately. A LOT. I seem to go through phases of dreaming a lot and dreaming not so much. Now I'm dreaming a lot. It's strange sometimes I swear I feel more "real" in my dreams than I do in my daily life. I wonder if it's because in my dreams I'm not always censuring myself?
So last night I had three distinct dreams (that I can remember), of those I only really remember two of them.
1) I was with Ben (a friend I know from work) and some girl I didn't recognize. We were traversing this area that had all these cement bridges like you would find over a small stream in a park or something and these weird little cement cylinders like something you could sit on. But it was hard to get across everything. At the end of the little mini-obstacle course was another stream or something we had to cross through. I remember having to help the girl a lot as she seemed to be having a lot of trouble of navigating through all the obstacles. When we got the the stream/lake/water thing Ben said we should take off our shoes so as to not get them wet. I looked at him incredulously thinking to myself "you're wearing crocs and I have keens on, what's it matter if they get wet? they're waterproof!" but he seemed really insistent on this point so I grudgingly took off my keens and set them aside. We crossed the water and I got across first and when I got there I could see the end of the maze/obstacle course. I yelled back to BB that I could see the end or exit and he was all "oh well I guess we should go get our shoes then." I was pissed. I swam back across and now for whatever reason all three of our shoes were in different spots. Ben's were the closest, the girls next, and mine were furthest away. I helped the girl her hers and then as I was putting mine on I spotted this huge ferocious cougar approaching us. I ran to help the girl get away and then the next thing I knew this huge cougar was attacking me. I managed to avoid it's attacks but I knew I couldn't attack it. I wasn't strong enough and then energy/time I'd use trying to attack it would open me up for a swipe. So I just kept dodging all the while trying to find someplace that I could escape to that it couldn't follow me. The last thing I remember was jumping off one of the bridges down to a terrace below it. My last thought was that hopefully it'd be too far of a fall for the cougar to follow.
This next dream had some initial details that I can't remember but I'll write all I am able.
2) I remember walking through a really crowded area of some huge city. Imagine Times Square or outside the subway station in Harajuku, Tokyo. It was dark and it looked as though it had rained recently. I was wearing some brightly colored gloves. Orange or red... Anyways, they had something written on the backs of them that would give those who understood what it said the impression that I was part of some group that I wasn't a part of. So I'm walking through this area and getting ready to head back to my car when I notice this ever growing group of people behind me. They were all chanting something, or singing some rap song, and they all were wearing clothing that made them appear to be from some group/gang. Well it became obvious after a moment that they were following me back to my car and possibly intended to stop me from getting to it. So I ran and made it to my car. Then I saw that they all had vehicles too and they were attempting to surround me but through some luck and a few high-speed maneuvers I was able to escape all of them. Almost. What ensued was a high speed chase through city streets, interstate, and finally curvy mountain highways. Towards the end of the chase only two or three sets of people were left following me. At one point I passed someone I knew on the highway and slowed down to talk (read: yell at) with them about what was happening in the vain hopes that they would help me. It didn't happen. I don't think that he could hear me over the roar of the wind and our engines. Besides once he saw I was being chased he seemed to slow down dramatically. Finally I got my pursuers down to two guys on motorcycles. One of whom seemed to be flying. He was going down the hill so fast he was holding onto just his handle bars as the rest of his body was suspended perpendicular to the ground. It was quite a site. Also, sometime after hitting the curvy mountain highway I went from driving my white Subaru to a motorcycle... Yeah. Anyways, my last ditch effort to escape was to flip a U-turn and start driving into incoming traffic. It was funny I remember it being really easy to drive into oncoming traffic and I thought "huh, this doesn't feel dangerous at all!" I turned off on a side road and thought I had lost my pursuers. I was wrong. They turned in and calmly got off their bikes. It as though they weren't even really chasing me as they knew the only outcome was for them to catch me.
They started talking to me explaining their intentions. Actually only one of them was talking to me. The one who looked like Shad from my work. The one who flew on his bike. Basically they were going to kill me. That was going to happen and there was nothing I could do to prevent it. But I had options regarding how I would die. Preferably they'd chase me for awhile and then shoot me. Less preferable, they'd just shoot me where I stood.
Also, at some point cannibalism was brought up. I guess that's how they disposed of the bodies?
I don't know how this happened or how I got it but I remembered that I had been given a bag that had some dude's replacement heart in it. I tried to tell them that even if they killed me that it would still need to be delivered. The main guy could not have cared less. He said that he'd just chew up the heart himself and spit it out.
The weird thing about all this is I never really felt afraid. I never felt like death was inevitably. I had a feeling like I could either talk my way out of this or escape somehow. So me and my supposed captors kept talking. They explained how they first got into killing people. What it felt like. Why they did it. What it meant to them. Of course I can't remember any of those explanations. OH! One thing I remember is that they had to come up with a reason/story for why they did it. Not like a story as in something they'd tell the police. But more of a background story for themselves. How they came to need to kill me and eat my body. Usually they created some story of desperation, imminent starvation. That sort of thing. So they told me to just go and sit by my bike while they came up with a story. They said if it was more real to them they'd enjoy it more and feel less guilty. Less like they were just killing some helpless person for no reason.
Also, at one point I remember asking him about how he'd kill me and he said they had plenty of bullets. Plenty of bullets. And he showed me his gun. It was a .22. A freaking .22! I was going to have to be shot like 50 times with that damn thing. Anyways, it had a 10-round clip and it had 10 more rounds aligning the barrel? It was weird. And then he just kept pulling out these strips of rounds. Strip after strip after strip until he had a pile of ammunition at his feet and one single puny .22 between them. It was weird. Weird also was the fact that he handed me the gun and that I had no inclination to use it... Weird I say.
Also, at one point he got all excited and shouted "MANGA!" only it didn't sound like "manga" at all but I somehow understood what he meant. I had a copy of the first book of the Akira series on the back of my bike. Don't ask me how it got there. Well this guy was obviously excited about it as he ran to pick it up.
Also, I woke up shortly after I ran into the woods.
So yeah weird dreams. Don't ask me what they mean.
ATNN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment