Went to a store "townhall" meeting tonight. It was good. Made me realize that I had been rather cynical about work and the Whole Foods corporation in general. Pretty much all of the things I have been unhappy with at work I have the power to change. And really in life if we (read: I) are unhappy with the way we are being treated it is on us to step up and say "Hey! I don't like this" otherwise we really have no reason to complain that we're being treated poorly or that we don't like our station in life. We (again, read: I) have voices, we just need to remember to use them.
Anyways, after the meeting we (read: most of us) headed to Il Pirata. This was my second time at this bar and I must say, while I'm not particularly impressed with the bar I really like the bartender. Not too sure what to make of that. Had a pint of Flat Tire, a pint of Anchorhead, and finished off a heffie and another Anchorhead for some other people totalling about three beers. Gave me a nice buzz, made for a nice ride home.
After barring it up with my fellow co-workers (who are all awesome btw) went to Safeway (Whole Food workers going to Safeway, yeah it happens) for some pizza and the on home to watch a little Tru Blood. I gotta admit it was as addicting as promised and I look forward to seeing more of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment