Well I just sent an application to Double Fine, a local San Francisco video game company. I'm just so done having a job that isn't furthering my life in the direction I want to go. I mean memorizing produce codes? How is that ever, ever, EVER going to contribute to me doing anything creative? I mean I can't really walk into Sony and say "No I've never worked on a video game, but I could tell you how many bags of groceries you could get for $115.45". Nope. Not gonna happen. So here's hoping that Double Fine hires me so I can finally start working in an industry I actually care about. Well that's not fair, I do care about organic food and green policies. Whole Foods is a great company, but retail just isn't for me. I don't hate, I just want to do something different. I've had BS jobs for so long. I want to have a career. Anyways, I hope it happens. It would be so great, and it's right down the street from me. Hope everyone out there in the blag-o-sphere is happy with their career of choice.
ATNN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You should do what you want to do, what makes you happy. I think while I feel trapped by my job sometimes, I try to find my happiness in what i do outside of work. In writing or reading, that is where I find a release. I think its awesome that you are getting a job in a carear that you both enjoy and that can pay. Good luck and you know your friends have your back!
End of Line.
Post a Comment