Thursday, August 14, 2008

Blog Un-Update

So I think I'm going to change the name of this to "Bi-Yearly Blog Update by Will" AKA the "BYBUW" or "Buybiuwah" which is Cherokee for "Dude is hung like horse" or something like that. At least that's what this drunk guy told me when I paid him $5 to tell me how to say my name in Native American.

Ok update... Let's see... Well I'm in San Francisco now. I successfully made it to the San Diego Comic-Con 2008. It was a blast but I really wish I had a girlfriend to go with me. I saw a lot of guys there with their girls and it looked to me like they were having a lot of fun. Not that I didn't have fun mind you, just that it was the kind of thing that is best shared. At any rate you can see pictures of it here: San Diego Comic-con. Enjoy.

Now I'm in San Francisco (aka The City if you're in the Bay Area) and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. I forget sometimes how much I like this place. There's just a lot of really cool people here. I think part of the reason I didn't like living here back in 2000-2002 was that I didn't know how to meet people and go out. I spent most of my time just going to school, going to work, and going home. I didn't have friends other than my roommates so I got pretty bitter and depressed. But now I'm more social, I have developed skills with regards to meeting people, and I think that now living here I could have a lot more fun.

Let's see, what's going on in the world. Well Russia has basically bitch-slapped Georgia with it's mighty military. Now what's funny is that we didn't really hear anything about what was going on in that part of the world until AFTER Russia invaded Georgia. I guess we were too busy watching the Olympics and over-scrutinizing every single thing China did to pay attention to the fact that Georgia was fucking with Southern Ossetia and basically killing people and wrecking all manner of havoc. Of course if you try to look this up on Google, well good luck finding any articles about it. All you will find is information about what Russia did.

It's ridiculous. The media just controls what information we get and allows people to create these absurd assmptions about what is really going on. Really, we have no business being in that part of the world. That whole conflict is between Georgia, Russia, and Southern Ossetia. Sure it's horrible, and sure we can have an opinion. But should we do anything? No, absolutly not. Sometimes nations have to sort out their own problems. Someday and I hope it's sooner rather than later The US is going to have to learn that we cannot, should not, and have no right to police the world. We're no better. I mean it's so laugable for President Bush to come out and say "you can't invade other countries and overthrow democratically elected leaders" when we have done just that time and again when it suited our interests. Ugh, it's so frustrating.

Anyways, I'm tired and also reeling from the shock that my blog was actually updated. For my loyal readers out there I hope you enjoyed it, for it might be awhile until this happens again.

ATNN

No comments: