Monday, July 6, 2009

22:24 Best Friends Forever

So I have a current new favorite band: Best Friends Forever Any girls who sing about Abraham Lincoln are fucking awesome in my book. Their song "My Head In Front Of Your Head" is just so sweet and sincere. I would love to meet someone who could say those kinds of things to me. Oh and girls who are down to recite Shakespeare definitely rank high on my list.

Speaking of girls, I went to a couple of parties this weekend, being Independence Day and all. No, no Will Smith and no fighting aliens, though I am a little disappointed that no one thought to break that out... Anyways, good times. Met some cool peeps, had some good conversations, didn't get as drunk as I would have liked but... oh well. Met two more people from OKC. One Saturday and one today. Saturday girl was awesome. Wasn't really sure what to expect, which was good, and we had fun. We were both at parties about 3 blocks away so we met up on the half-way corner and just chatted. We talked for like an hour. Not sure what her impression of me was, but I definitely enjoyed her company. We might go rock climbing this week... It's a possibility.

Girl #2 sent me a message yesterday inviting me to a "hot pants slip 'n slide" part today. I didn't have any hot pants so this morning I woke up early-ish and ran to Buffalo to get some. While I wasn't able to find hot pants per-se I did find some short shorts. They worked. I think it was hot. Either hot or tragic. Whatever. Anyways, went to the party and didn't know who I was looking for so I just sort of hung around and started talking to people. Finally the girl who invited me sat down and we started chatting and she was all "so who do you know here?", upon learning that I didn't really know anyone she became suspicious of me and was all "well how did you get here?" and finally I said that "well some girl named Katie emailed me and..." and she was like "I'm Katie!" and she proceeded to give me an awesome hug. It was quite a surprise, I wasn't expecting her to be so happy to see me but it was cool nonetheless.

Anyways good times. Met a bunch of her friends, juggled some, played in the kiddie pool. Met a really awesome girl named Kim. She was just cracking me up the whole time, good times.

This morning I was a bit on the fence about going. Like on the one hand I felt like I should just chill at home and do my own thing/chores/draw/play guitar. But then I was like "No, you need to get out and meet people" so I did. Really glad I made the decision to venture out. It's great to feel like I may have made some new friends, but I just wish they lived closer. But whatever, it'll be a good excuse to get out of The City.

Ok need to do some sketching, maybe play a song or two and then bed.

ATNN

No comments: