I like apostrophes. Maybe I should get one tattooed. I've been contemplating getting a tattoo for about 12 years now. My first idea was to get the character TIEN on my back in huge script, very similar to Akuma (Goki) in the Street Fighter series.
Then that desire faded (sorta... I still think it'd be a pretty awesome tattoo...) and then I got the idea that I wanted to get something really abstract. Like just some lines that were really pretty. I used to draw tree lines on the edge of forests trying to come up with some abstract design that I liked. But that really didn't last long.
Then sometime after getting to Japan I thought it would be awesome to get like a 1/4 sleeve or some sort of cool traditional chest-piece. And I still think that'd be cool but I'm not really sure that's "me". Because, after all, that is what a tattoo is all about right? Right? It should represent me or something about me...
I mean in that respect I feel like a video game tattoo is much more representative of who I am as a person. That or maybe getting some poetry. I came up with a cool symbol myself (no picture as I'm at work) that's heavily influence by my state flag's Zia symbol. That could be a cool tattoo, but I have no idea where to get it.
I'm starting to feel like this is the kind of thing where I'll either get none, or I'll get like 20. Hmmmmmmmm...
Anyways, had my first day teaching at a new junior high school today. The kids didn't seem all that excited to meet their new pet-gaijin for the next 7 months. Oh well. And the teachers didn't seem all that happy either. It's always so difficult to tell what's going on with Japanese people. Are they being reserved? Or are they just extremely disappointed and they're trying to maintain some semblance of composure?
With me I always feel like it's the latter...
ATNN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment